Worship With Us on Sunday Mornings 10:00 am
Clark-Grace UCC is a uniting church of a traditionally African-American congregation and traditionally European-American congregation. Our open and affirming congregation welcomes people of all ages, sexual orientations, races, and abilities. We also welcome the curious who ask questions about their faith and people who wish to strengthen a wobbly faith or challenge a complacent faith. Walk with us in faith toward the heart of God.
If you are looking for a small, vibrant, integrated church that is breaking stereotypes, join us.
Our pastors are Rev. Lisa Bodenheim and Rev. Oliver White.
Come Celebrate our 5th Anniversary!
- In September 2013, Clark Memorial United Church of Christ and Grace Community United Church of Christ held their first joint worship service.
- Join us September 9 at 10:00 am for a joy-filled celebration worship service
- The Gospel Choir will be singing
- Following worship we will have a potluck meal in Social Hall
What do our members and friends say about us?
Clark Memorial was the first church in South St. Paul, but it is now Clark-Grace church and we will be celebrating our five-year anniversary on Sunday, September 9. There were some who said "it could not last" as a black/white church but Clark-Grace is stronger for this union. All are welcome and encouraged to celebrate with us.
When we blended our church 5 years ago, we ended up on the front page of the New York Times as well as in both the Star Tribune and the Pioneer Press. Our partnership of a traditionally African-American and traditionally European-American church breaks stereotypes!
How did we end up together? Grace Church lost many of its members after Rev. Oliver White took a stand in support of gay marriage. Clark Church, which had been supportive of gay marriage for years, struggled with an aging population and dwindling membership. The two churches decided to start a partnership and the result is a vibrant, integrated church.
- Afternoon Bible Study: selected Tuesdays, 1:00 pm at Angelos. You are welcome to join us! We will meet on Tuesdays, September 11 and September 25
- Gardening: Tuesdays, 6:00 pm. Our rain garden and a boulevard garden by our parking lot as well as the landscaping around our church building keep us busy as we try to keep ahead of the weeds.
- Choir Rehearsal: selected Tuesdays, 7:00 pm. If you're interested in singing, please come! Check our events page or call to see what Tuesdays we will be rehearsing.
- Off-Track Bible Study: Wednesday evenings, 7 pm. Join us! You can find the Murray Room though the office door at Clark-Grace.
- Thursday, September 27, Restorative Justice Community Ed: will meet at Central Square Community Center in South St. Paul.
- Saturday, September 29, Feed My Starving Children: We will be volunteering to hand pack rice, soy, dried vegetables, and nutritional meal packets at the Eagan facility.
- Bully Awareness Month: #hatnothate We will be collecting blue hats to raise awareness about bullying. All sizes appreciated, store bought or hand-knitted or crocheted.
- October: Stewardship Pledge Drive: for 2019 calendar year
- Saturday, November 10: All Church Fall Bazaar with Vendors and Crafters selling their wares, a bake sale, and a lunch of soup and sandwiches available.
We are a diverse community. We journey in faith and work together, reaching out to serve our neighbors locally in South St. Paul and globally through the United Church of Christ special offerings. In South St. Paul we support:
- Neighbors, Inc through food and money
- South St. Paul Restorative Justice through money and donation of office space in our church building, and
- South St. Paul Educational Foundation through the gift of a $500.00 scholarship to a graduating student of South St. Paul.
Clark-Grace United Church of Christ, 779 15th Avenue North, South St Paul, MN 55075